Friday, December 28, 2012

Winter Wonderland


Winter storm Euclid dumped nearly a foot of snow in my neighborhood on Wednesday, December 26, and I thought it would be fun to try to make it into the closed Indiana University campus about three miles away to get some photos during the blizzard. Much to my wife's chagrin, I decided to take my mountain bike, since my driveway and street were impassable. I assumed, correctly, that High Street would be plowed and my bike would get me there. The streets were deserted, as was campus.

 Wimbleton Lane before the plows. My mailbox on the left.

 Hoagy Carmichael keeps at the piano during the storm. 

 Jordan River in front of the Indiana Memorial Union. 

 Herman B Wells watches over Maxwell Hall and the Student Building. 

 A view of a deserted Kirkwood Avenue beyond Sample Gates.

 The Student Building through the Sample Gates. 

 Beck Chapel

Woodburn Hall

No comments: